Hey there! Thanks✨ for visiting Happy Healthy Noms for this week’s Foodie Friday.🍴
Today’s recipe is crisp, refreshing, and seriously good! It has the taste of a real Pad Thai, but this is raw and totally vegan! The carrot and cucumber noodles have a nice crunch and compliment the veganized Pad Thai sauce!
Note: You will need a vegetable spiralizer!
Raw Vegan Pad Thai
What’s in it?
- 2 medium-large carrots
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 T Chopped Onions
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 t Minced Garlic
- 2 T Soy Sauce
- 1 T Rice Vinegar
- 1 Packet Sweetener (I used Stevia)*
- 1/4 t Siracha**
*Skip if you don’t like your Pad Thai sweet.
**Squirt as much as you want it you like it spicy!
- 1/2-1/4 lime
- 1 T peanuts
How to make it?
- Over a plate, use a vegetable spiralizer to make the carrot and cucumber noodles.
- Chop the onions and put them in a small bowl. Put all the sauce ingredients in the bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Pour the sauce over the “noodles“.
- Top with peanuts and cilantro. Place the lime on the side.
- Squeeze the rest of the lime and enjoy!
Un-Raw Option: Add grilled tofu or tempeh for more protein! (Calories: w/tofu: 190, w/tempeh: 200)
Until next time, remember: have your veggies🍅 and eat your cookies🍪 too!