Hey there! Thanks✨ for visiting Happy Healthy Noms for this week’s Tidbit Tuesday!💫
Fall is approaching, in fact Wednesday is the Autumnal Equinox, AKA: the official First Day of Fall! I don’t know about you, but I LOVE Fall! (Image by: Heather Dawn)
With cooler weather and leaves changing colors, we’ll all be baking bread, muffins, cookies, and all kinds of goodness!
But, chances are not all these recipes are vegan! Maybe you have baked goods that are a tradition for you and your family, or you find great recipes that aren’t vegan.
I know that’s been happening to me lately!
So, here’s a guide to vegan-izing your baked goods!
(Image by: Rebecca Siegal)
NOTE: Unless specified, use the same measurements from the recipe for the replacements!
Eggs can be replaced with:
- A Flax Egg (1 Tablespoon Flax Meal + 3 Tablespoons Water)
- A Chia Egg (1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds + 3 Tablespoons Water)
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Cup Applesauce
- 1/4 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- Or Ener-g Egg Replacer
Butter can be replaced with:
- Coconut Oil
- Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
Unhealthy Oils should be replaced with:
- Coconut Oil
- 1 Banana
I know, I said Pagan, but don’t run away! Anyone can celebrate the First Day of Fall!
Afterall, the way I see it is that Mabon is simply celebrating Fall’s arrival and acknowledging that Winter is coming (Yeah, had to put in that Game of Thrones reference.)
Below are some ways that you can celebrate Fall’s arrival!
(Image by: Ian Sane)
How To Celebrate the Autumnal Equinox or Fall’s Arrival:
1. Bake something festive for fall.
- Examples: Vegan breads (apple, banana, pumpkin,) cookies, scones, cakes, or a pie.
3. Drink something festive for fall.
- Apple cider, vegan hot cococa, or hot tea.
4. Eat something festive for fall.
- Get your soup amd stew recipes out!
- Cook with squashes and pumpkins!
4. Take a walk outside and look at the leave’s changing colors, and the fallen acorns.
- Maybe collect a few leaves or acorns to decorate your house, or to craft with.
5. Acknowledge the bountiful harvest we have, and give some of the bounty to a Food Drive!
6. Do Fall-inspired crafts involving apples, corn, acorns, fall leaves, and other fall finds! (Image by: Kim)
Above is a creative apple🍎 craft! Cut the top of the apple, core the inside out, and put a tea light in it.
- Speaking of Apples🍎. Did you know if you cut an apple in half it looks like a star⭐️? It’s true! Go try it!
Until next time, remember: Have your veggies and eat your fall favorites too!