Today is a special✨ holiday post!
In honor of the 4th of July🎉🇺🇸 I made: Vegan Black Bean Burrito Burgers🍔 with Vegan Red, White, and Blue🇺🇸 Muffins!🎆
The burger🍔 recipe uses leftover Taco-seasoned Black Beans and Cilantro Lime Quinoa from my Black Bean Burrito Bowl! Don’t have leftovers? No problem!
✨Black Bean Burrito Burgers🌟
Black Bean Burrito Burgers
What you need:
- Taco-seasoned black beans (or 1 can black beans)
- 1 canned black eyed peas
- Cilantro Like Quinoa (or one cup quinoa)
- Lettuce (Romaine or Butter)
- Salsa (or chopped tomatoes, onion or green onion, and squeeze of lime.)
- Slices of mangoes, peaches or pineapples
- Your favorite hamburger buns
- Optional: Dairy-free Daiya Cheddar Shreds
- Optional: Your favorite hot sauce
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Sea salt
How to make it:
- If you don’t have leftover taco-seasoned black beans: drain and rinse a can of black beans.
- Drain and rinse a can of black eyed peas.
- In a small bowl, make a flax egg.
- In a large bowl, add the beans and peas to it.
- If you don’t have Cilantro Lime Quinoa, make 1 cup of quinoa.
- Add 1/3 cup quinoa, taco seasonings, flax egg, and cilantro to the large bowl. Also squeeze half a lime into the bowl. If you didn’t make the Cilantro Lime Quinoa, add chopped onions. Mix until combined.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher. Mash until most of the beans and peas are smooshed, but keep some whole for interesting texture.
- Take a handful of the mixture and form into patties. Square the edges and put a dent in the middle.
- Grill outside on a grill, inside on a Foreman Grill (this is what I did,) or on a pan. Grill for 10-12 minutes or until both sides are browned and feel crispy.
- Serve on lettuce or hamburger buns, with lettuce, avocado, salsa (or chopped tomatoes, onions or green onions, and squeeze of lime,) and a slice of mango, peach, or pineapple.
- Optional: For a “cheese” burger add Dairy-free Daiya Cheddar Shreds
- Optional: Add your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!
🌟Mashed up and ready to patty up!
Patties ready to go on the Foreman Grill to become burgers!🍔👍 Grillin’ up those yummy👌 patties~ All dressed up and ready to eat~🎉
For the 4th of July🎉🎆dessert:
Red, White, and Blue🇺🇸 Muffins
Recipe is Oh She Glows‘ Blissful Blueberry Banana Spelt Muffins.
Once again, Oh She Glows has made an STELLAR💫 (to say the least) recipe! Blueberry Muffins just so happen to be my favorite💛 muffin! These are super moist and have just the right amount of sweetness.
For the 4th of July🎆🎉 I decorated them Red, White, and Blue and I was very happy with the results! It took these muffins over the top, into an amazing and deliciously unique flavor!
Red, White, and Blue Muffins
What you need:
- Blissful Blueberry Banana Spelt Muffins
- 1/4 cup Dairy-free Daiya Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Truvia baking blend
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Optional extra sweetness: 1 full squirt of Vanilla Stevia Drops
How to make them:
- Mix together the all of the ingredients using a spoon or a mixer.
- Smear it once tips of the muffins using a butter knife.
- Top with 2 slices of strawberries and 2 blueberries.
All those healthy ingredients!💛💛 Muffin batter, ready to visit the muffin tin!
Ready to go in the oven~✨
These are truly blissful even without the Red, White, and Blue🇺🇸 decorations!🎉
Eat them before they disappear as fast as fireworks!🎆🎇
I hope you enjoyed the special holiday post~✨ Have a happy💛healthy🌟 and safe 4th of July!🎆🇺🇸
Until next time, remember: have your veggies🍅 and eat your cookies🍪 too!