Hey there! Thanks✨ for visiting Happy Healthy Noms for this week’s Tidbit Tuesday!💫
So, you’re on your 🆕 (or not so 🆕) Vegan or Vegetarian diet! You’re happy, but here’s the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about: gas, bloating, and digestive problems!😱
Don’t be embarrassed, you’re not alone! But more importantly, don’t give up🙏 on your diet because of your new found tummy troubles, because I have the solutions!👌
I’ve been Vegan🌱 since July 1, 2015, and it’s been for a month now. But, this isn’t my first Vegan rodeo!💁
I’ve turned to Veganism🌱 several times in the past, the longest time being for 2 years. Yeah, 2 whole years✨! But you’re wondering, why did I stop? Because I had horrible gas, bloating, painful stomach cramps, and well, to put it kindly, digestive problems.😰
Back then I didn’t know how to fix that, so I just stopped eating Vegan!😐
Fortunately, now I have 3 solutions to put your Vegan and Vegetarian stomachs to ease!👍
1. Take a probiotic each and every day!
- The best time to take it is in the morning.
- A probiotic will promote the healthy bacteria in your gut, and help break down your nutrient-dense Vegan food.
2.Take a Digestive (or sometimes called Plant) Enzyme with every meal!
- Digestive enzymes will help you digest all of your beans and vegetables. It will therefore help prevent uncomfortable gas and bloating.
3. But the biggest solution? Don’t eat FrankenSoy🚫!
- This will include most of your Vegan “Meats” such as Boca and Morningstar, which typically contain Soy Isolate or Soy Protein Isolate.
- FrankenSoy containing things like Soy Isolate will irritate your belly, and cause a bulk of your discomfort.
- If you find Vegan “Meat” without Soy Isolate, still avoid it! These “meats” are overly processed, so they may still cause tummy troubles. Plus, being overly processed and containing unhealthy additives, they are a poor nutritional choice! After all, health and nutrition is our goal!
- Also, remember when I said I had horrible digestive problems from my 2 year Vegan Adventure from the past? The biggest culprit was eating too much FrankenSoy‼️
Just to show a few of your Proteins to pick instead❌ of FrankenSoy!
The bottom line:
- 👉Take a Vegan Probiotic in the morning!✔️
- 👉Take a Digestive (or sometimes called Plant) Enzyme with each and every meal!✔️
- 👎Don’t eat FrankenSoy❌. 👉Stick with: Beans, Tofu, Tempeh, Veggies, Nuts, and Seeds👍!✔️
⭐️These are your new best friends:⭐️
Until next time, remember: Have your veggies and eat your cookies🍪 too!