Hey there! Thanks✨ for visiting Happy Healthy Noms for this week’s Foodie Friday!🍴
This week, I have a delicious👌 and satisfying Stir Fry with savory Marinated Tempeh.
Don’t like Tempeh, or nervous to try it? I promise that you will love💛 Tempeh like this!
🙇Don’t know what Tempeh is? It’s high–protein and made of fermented soy beans, but it’s less processed than Tofu. Its unique, dense texture makes it a great alternative to meat!
Vegan Marinated Tempeh Stir Fry
- 1 Package of Tempeh
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 T Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 T Minced Garlic
- 1/2 t Garlic Powder
- 1/2 t Onion Powder
- 1/2 t Chili Paste
- A dash of Spicy Sesame Oil
- 1 serving of Gluten-free 100% Buckwheat Soba Noodles
How to make it?
- Cut the Tempeh into thin strips, and place in a bowl or dish.
- Put all the marinade ingredients over the Tempeh, making sure each strip is coated.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer.
- On Medium Heat, cook the Tempeh in a pan. (It won’t need any oil since its coated in the marinade.)
- The Tempeh should soften up, and change colors slightly. It won’t cook for too long until you take it off the heat!
- Serve on top of Soba Noodles with:
- Stir Fry Veggies*
- Cilantro, Green Onions, squeeze of Lime, Chopped Peanuts, and Chopped Cashews.
- Housin Sauce, Siracha, Rice Vineger, and Soy Sauce.
Cooking the Veggies*:
- Put Frozen or Fresh Stir Fry Veggies in a Pan on Medium Heat, with a dash of Soy Sauce and a teaspoon of Sesame Seeds.
- Cook until your veggies are as soft or crisp as you like!
Cooking the Marinated Tempeh. The Marinated Tempeh, Veggies, and all the Fix–ins!
A finished plate of the Marinated Tempeh Stir Fry on top of Soba Noodles with Veggies, squeeze of Lime, Cilantro, Green Onions, Chopped Peanuts, and Chopped Cashews.
Until next time, remember: Have your veggies and eat your cookies🍪 too!